The end of June 2019 marks three years since I left the corporate world and set up my own business. Now feels like a good time to pause and reflect. In some ways it feels like a lifetime ago. In other ways it still feels so new. It is a welcome change to just about everything for me and has been an amazing journey.
At first, I supported some HR Directors in my network as a Consultant with a wide range of projects to improve how they recruit. Over time my services have evolved and grown. I began working with individuals who were being made redundant by some of my clients to support them with the change and to help them as they approached the job market. This experience encouraged me to study with Barefoot Coaching. I am now a qualified Coach supporting individuals in a broad range of situations including those in a new role or those who have been recently promoted, or people returning to the corporate world after some time out.
During a sabbatical in Chile, I took some time out to train with Digital Mums in Social Media Management. I now help individuals with their own social media and HR and leadership teams who want to improve how they use LinkedIn in relation to their employer brand.
I have learnt…
- how to slow down. I am calmer, happier and have a more balanced life.
- that being a Consultant and Coach are very different (and in some ways use opposing skill sets).
- that when you don’t get paid a salary you have to be very careful how you spend your time and your money.
- I have had the chance to work with some fantastic businesses, teams and individuals and have enjoyed the wide variety of projects I have worked on so far.
- I have enjoyed having the time and space to learn again and realised it was a long time since I had done so.
- I get to wear trainers much more.
- I don’t get to go to a work Christmas party. (And those of you who know me well know that I enjoy a party.)
- Sometimes it can be lonely and there is no one to tell when something exciting happens.
- I get sad when projects come to an end (either working with an organisation or an individual) and I don’t get to go on the next step of the journey with them.
To celebrate three years of being in business I am giving away three coaching sessions to someone who would value it.
If you are interested yourself, or would like to nominate one of your team, colleagues or friends, send me an email to email@example.com or direct message me on one of my platforms with the details of who you would like to nominate and why they would value the coaching. The deadline for nominations is Thursday 4th July 2019. I will select one individual and make contact with them during w/c 8th July 2019.
Thanks to everyone who has been part of the journey so far. Here’s to the next three years, and beyond!
Photo by Daniel Hjalmarsson on Unsplash
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
One prize of three complementary 90-minute face-to-face coaching sessions is available, worth £1,350.
There is no cash alternative.
The giveaway is open to anyone who wishes to enter who can get to London for the three sessions.
To enter, either email firstname.lastname@example.org or direct message me on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram by Thursday 4th July 2019.
The winner will be selected by me based on who I think will gain most value from the sessions. My decision is final.
The winner will be contacted during w/c 8th July 2019.
Sessions must be taken by the end of December 2019.
I can provide free professional lounge space for the sessions, or travel to your place of work. If you would prefer a private external room, I will arrange this but charge you expenses (usually c£60/session).
The giveaway is not endorsed by any of the platforms I may share my blog on such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.